Monday 2 July 2018

Exploring Trollskogen (the Trollforest)!

A new week and my last day (this time) of exploring this beautiful area of northern Öland! I started with cycling straight to Trollskogen (the Trollforest), which is only a few km from where I have been staying these last couple of days. When I arrived, I was a little bit chocked, because I've never seen that many people visit this place before! They are building some type of tourist and educational center there, to inform visitors of the forest and the protection of places like Trollskogen and endangered species, which is a good thing. I entered the forest and started by cycling all the way up to the northern tip of Öland, a few km of cycling through the most beautiful, very old and untouched forest! There I rested for a little while and had something to eat from my backpack, while admiring the beauty of nature! Next I cycled a little more, until I reached a smaller path along the beach where only walking is allowed, so I led my bicycle all the way back to the starting point. What a place Trollskogen is! I really, really hope that it never changes into anything, but the beautiful and untouched little paradise that it is! I left the forest area and started heading back towards my cabin...but I decided to try some more cycling and found a very small track into an area where I had never been before. I got some really incredible photos of butterflies and other insects and cycled back to my cabin with the biggest smile on my face! I was so full of inspiration after seeing so much beauty all day long! 😍👍

No comments:

Post a Comment