Tuesday 26 June 2018

A scary experience in the forest! ☔

Monday, and I have arrived on Öland! I'll post that story tomorrow! Everything went very well and my phone is full of beautiful nature and cycling photos for the next post! 😉👍🚵

But let me first tell the story of my Sunday! Hope you enjoy my photos!

The cycling went quite well, but the weather got worse and worse as I came closer to Kalmar! I decided to try and find somewhere to shelter for the rain, and perhaps spend the night too, if the raining continued... But as I was in the middle of a huge forest, lightning struck somewhere VERY close! I almost panicked a little bit and hurried to put my stuff back on the bicycle and cycled faster through the forest than I've done in a long time! I reached a bigger paved road and heard how the thunder just continued behind me! I was very relieved to reach a bigger road and get out of the forest! The raining continued for a while but eventually stopped! That's when I decided to find a place and set up my tent... I was only about 16 km from Kalmar, so the next day it would be really easy to cycle to the bicycle ferry in Kalmar and get to Öland!

Before I fell asleep, the moon lightened up the sky above me so beautifully! 😍👍

And close by, I could hear two nightjars (nattskärra på svenska, natteravn på danska) singing constantly, together with some cranes in the distance... What a magic night I got! And I fell asleep so relieved after what happened in the forest! 😴



No comments:

Post a Comment